Kennel cough : what do you do to protect your kennel ?

In most textbooks I have read, kennel cough is often mentioned as THE most common infectious disease encountered in kennels. It is definitely a challenge every dog breeders has to face. 

Just out of curiosity, what are the preventive measures you guys take to protect your dogs from this disease ?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also asked the question around on social media and here's one of the answers I got :

" I keep them away from coughing dogs, wash my hands after petting others' dogs. The only time mine have caught it is when someone brought sick dogs to a show (heavily dosed with cough syrup so they wouldn't cough and be noticed), and the judges insisted on checking bites themselves and didn't practice good hygiene in between dogs. "

I also asked the question around on social media and here's one of the answers I got :

" I use a essential oil blend "

" Good hygiene/no overcrowding and managing to reduce stress. I don't take dogs to shows when I have a litter due or on the ground. Have only had it here once in 20 years (vaccinated dog who was fairly new to the household got it. Ones not vaccinated for KC didn't). At that time all my dogs were quarantined at home till well after dog stopped coughing. " 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

© 2017   Created by Royal Canin Canada.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service